There is so much information on the internet about fat-loss that it can get so absolutely confusing and entangling sometimes.
When I started my journey, I was confused by all the mess out here on the web.
Now that I have come out the other side, I will share with you what worked for me.
I hope that this quick guide can help you navigate your fat-loss path.
The most important thing to remember throughout the journey is to love yourself no matter what. If you believe you will succeed and you take the steps towards success…you will :-)!
Remember that Your true beauty comes from within and fat loss can improve your physical health while bringing out and enhancing your inner beauty.
Here are my “Top 11 Quick Tips” to help you get that fat off!
1. CALORIES IN < CALORIES OUT : If you are looking to lose some (or a lot) of fat, you need to make sure you are eating less energy than you are spending. To find out how many calories and in what combinations (% protein, % carbs and % fats) you need to intake to lose fat, enter your stats into our calorie calculator.
(on a side note, the calculator also calculates maintenance and weight gain calories!)
2. EAT WHOLE, CLEAN, REAL FOODS : Not only are they much more nutritionally dense than processed foods, they will keep you feeling full longer. And by getting more nutrient and minerals from real foods (these are often lacking in packaged foods), you will feel better – have more energy – and sleep better. Furthermore, you will begin to reduce the toxins your body is processing and start clearing your body of harmful substances.
3. DRINK 3-4 L OF CLEAN, PURE WATER PER DAY: Water is required for virtually every single metabolic process in the human body! Water is important for so many things including flushing the toxins out of your body. Another bonus is that you will start to sludge off that excess water weight.
4. EXERCISE : Get moving! Go on a walk, go lift some weight, take a jog – a hike – anything! Exercise will boost your metabolism, burn calories and help you feel great – all while improving your health.
5. EAT FREQUENTLY : Break your calories up in 5-6 small meals per day! The act of digesting food (TEF – thermal effect of feeding) itself burns calories! Furthermore, by constantly feeding your body – your body knows that it’s okay to let go of fat because it will be fed.
6. CLEAR YOUR KITCHEN : Remove any “temptations” from your kitchen and home – the candy, the chips – all of it.
7. GET ENOUGH SLEEP : Get 6-8 hours of sleep every night.
8. TRUST THE PROCESS : In the beginning, you may lose a fair amount of weight, some of it fat – some of it water. Then it tends to taper off. KEEP GOING. It’s not gonna happen over night. Trust the process.
9. ENJOY YOUR TREATS: Have a treat here and there, because it will prevent you from going AWOL down the road and it will keep you sane. Moderation and in reasonable portions. One or two piece of chocolate – you will be fine!
10. HAVE A FREE MEAL: Have a free meal once a week. A free meal is basically a meal that is a bit larger than your regular meals and you eat things that you are craving. A reasonable free meal every week will not hinder your progress. Plan for it and stick with it every week.
11. BELIEVE IN YOU: Most importantly, you have to believe in yourself – stay strong – and know you can do it. This is Your goal and Your choice.