You don’t have to be a gung-ho balls to the wall body builder in order to benefit from weight or strength training.
I fell in love with weight training right away. And it’s what I love to do til this day.
Women often fear or shy away from the weight room at their local gyms because of outdated beliefs that weight training will make them big and bulky.
This is the time to shed those worn out beliefs…this one and others. If you keep reading you may be convinced as to why,
There is sometimes intimidation involved too. This is another opportunity to rise above and do something for yourself. One of the best ways to overcome your fear is to do what you fear.
WIth proper nutrition in place, cardiovascular exercise is effective stoping the conversion of calories into body fat. Yet in to SCULPT your body, you need to incorporate weight training or body weight training in your exercise regimen.
I learned this and saw the results almost immediately. When I first added weight training to my routine, I could see my body taking shape – almost immediately.
Body weight exercises are also effective at sculpting the body because, just as is true with weight lifting, muscular development comes with contracting the muscles and increasing the amount of time that muscles are under load or tension.
It’s more than just moving the weight from point A to point B!
Want more? Here goes!
- Weight training burns fat only where as card burns fat and muscle
- You will burn more calories because muscles need energy to repair and upgrade after each resistance training workout.
- Research shows that between the ages of 30 and 50, there is a likely hood that you will lose 10% of the total muscle in your body. That number will double by the time you are 60.
- You will build stronger bones
- You will be more flexible
- Your heart will be healthier
- Your diet will improve : exercise helps your brain stick to a diet
- You will sleep better
- You will feel happier : research shows that incorporating major lifts such as squats & deadliest helps reduce the symptoms of depression
- You may add years to your life
- You will be smarter : researchers found that 6 months of training enhanced lifters’ cognitive function
Source: http://bit.ly/1gtjM0S and http://bit.ly/1k9FPuQ
The key to making all of this all work is to incorporate proper nutrition with strength training! If you do lift or participate in strength training – and you eat poorly (lots of processed foods, sugars, too little food, too much food etc) then you are not likely to see all the benefits of your hard work.
Nutrition is key. Nutrition combined with a proper strength training and cardiovascular training regimen is where the magic happens!
For more information on fat-loss, check out our straight forward guide to fat loss : http://pathnutritionandwellness.com/the-straight-forward-guide-to-fat-loss/
If you are trying to recompose your body or gain some muscle, visit our calorie calculator to make sure you are eating enough and in the right proportions :
Have a great, fabulous and amazing day everyone!
Wishing you all the best – and nothing less!