Barring lactose intolerance, the majority of the population can benefit from whey protein supplementation.
And if you have sensitivity to lactose, there are many brands out there that are made of “whey protein isolate” which is usually lactose free or very low in lactose.
The great things about whey is that it gives you many the benefits of dairy without casein – the part of milk that causes most milk/dairy allergies.
You don’t have to be a bodybuilder or fitness fanatic to benefit from adding whey protein in your diet.
Whey is very popular in fitness circles for its excellent muscle building properties. But there is so much more that whey can do for you than help you build big muscles :-)))!
In fact, I would consider whey protein a superfood….why?
– Studies indicate that it could help increase lifespan
– It contains all 18 amino acids in a form that’s readily absorbed by the body
– It contains immunoglobulins which help boost the immune system
– Maximizes glutathione – a powerful antioxidant that detoxifies the liver, enhances the immune system and neutralizes free radicals.
– Helps stabalise blood sugar and insulin levels
– Helps you feel full for longer (a huge plus if you are dieting)
– Helps preserve lean muscle mass
– and that’s just for starters…
Oh and my favorite! You can enjoy sweet treats without the impacts of sugar, fat and excess calories because whey is fun to cook with!!! That’s if you choose a good quality clean whey!
Here is the deal, there are a million, gizzilion different whey protein products out there an it is SO IMPORTANT that you take the time to choose the right one for you.
Read the ingredients label – choose one that is natural and does not include excess ingredients. Look for whey protein isolate or whey protein concentrate. Make sure, if you choose a flavored one, that you select one that is sweetened with stevia. There are a million brands out there with sugar in the powder or aspartame/sucralose. All which have been proven to have severe negative health consequences.
DO YOUR RESEARCH. It will be well worth it in the end.
Until next time,
Here are some recipes if you are interested in cooking with your whey:
PS. If you would like to try a clean, sugar free, stevia sweetened GMO free Finnish vanilla whey protein powder – visit Foodin.fi – and enter coupon code PATH00 for an 8% discount off this product and anything on their website!
To see the website in English, open it in Chrome.